Friday, December 30, 2011

3. East River Pipe - We Live In Rented Rooms


I listen to a lot of music while driving. That's where a lot of music finds me. I think there is a special connection there, being alone at night, driving, just you, music and The Road. It doesn't matter really, where you're going, you're just in the moment. Well, this is that special album. This guy can write a song. These are stripped down, simple pop songs. Really bittersweet. He's already been on the journey: love, loss, life, death; we are just seeing the snapshots. This album has life, and I believe it actually breathes. I love it, every single second of it. We Live In Rented Rooms has, at least from what I've seen, gone largely unnoticed, which makes me like it even more. This isn't the "blow your mind" album you look for each year. This is actually the complete opposite. This is the reminder that there are some people out there making honest, down to earth GREAT music that receives little to no credit, that demands nothing from anyone, that simply exists. And somehow it found me.

No comments:

Post a Comment