Monday, December 26, 2011

5. Death Grips - Exmilitary


A few words about this album. Abrasive. Scathing. Brutal. Evil. GENIUS. This is the most hardcore hip hop mash-up you'll hear all year, maybe ever, at least until he decides he's not done short-circuiting our headphones and shattering any boundaries we thought we knew the limits of music were. I know nothing about Death Grips. The whole project is shrouded in mystery. I THINK, Zach Hill played drums on the album, although I don't think he tours with them. That's it. I caught one sample I recognized, the Beastie Boys one. After Spread Eagle Cross The Block, the single-most unbelievable track, the one that just gets better and better with each listen, the whole thing turns into a fucking metal, space monster from Mars. It kicks the dick out of everything you thought you knew about music, and did I mention that it's so much fun to listen to?

No comments:

Post a Comment