Monday, December 26, 2011

7. Unknown Mortal Orchestra - Self-Titled


Oh UMO. How do you single-handedly make me fall in love with music over again? How do you write such an amazingly simple hook, that is so catchy, that seeps it's way so far into my cranium, I find myself humming over and over throughout the day (Ffunny Ffriends)? How do you take sounds and bands we're all familiar with and make them something new and wonderful again (Bycicle)? Was Thought Ballune as fun to make as it sounds like you did? On Nerve Damage!, is that opening guitar intro a real effect, or is that a microphone with some weird effect on it? How do you sound so laid back and that this was all effortless but still sound so fucking good at the same time? (P.s. All this is true. It's a lot of pressure that you guys follow me on twitter. I"M NOBODY. I had already decided in September what my favorite albums were, apologies you weren't higher on the list. LOVE YOU, Jason

No comments:

Post a Comment