Thursday, December 26, 2013

10. Yo La Tengo - Fade



I am so excited to finally have Yo La Tengo on this list. 2013 might as well have been the year of 90's comebacks. I mean, first Yo La Tengo, then My Bloody Valentine, then Daft Punk and Boards of Canada... It was all very exciting and some of these artists hit home runs while others missed the mark. With Fade, Yo La Tengo craft yet another beautiful album. Only YLT could make an opening song of one chord so interesting and memorable and "Is That Enough" should be on their Greatest Hits I'm convinced. I love how generally this is a much quieter album than their last few and there are much more sweet and sadder songs on here, especially on the back end. This second half of the album also contains some truly great Yo La Tengo tracks such as, "I'll Be Around," "Cornelia and Jane," "The Point Of It," and the brilliant closer, "Before We Run." Yo La Tengo are one of my favorite bands and I think it is so awesome how long they have been around and consistently delivered album after album of great songs. They are truly one of a kind.

No comments:

Post a Comment