Friday, December 6, 2013

The Year In Review - 2013

And here we are again, reader. 2013 has brought about a ton of mixed feelings from me. Just about every album I eagerly anticipated this year fell flat, and almost every album that made this year's list was a total surprise for me. I want to stress that I really take my time when making these lists, and this was another extremely difficult year to put together. But what is done is done, and I am very happy with it and the music here in. That being said, HOLY SHIT! Wow, what a year. Can we remember, for a second, all of the HUGE releases this year? Can we remember, for a second, Yo La Tengo quietly ushering in the new year with a new album and My Bloody Valentine dropping MBV OUT OF NOWHERE?! (Well, kind of; we were expecting it sometime in the past ten years, give or take.) Can we remember, for a second, how the summer brought new Daft Punk, Deerhunter, The National, Boards of Canada (another just, completely out of nowhere it seemed) and culminated with the return of Yeez(us)y himself? And finally, can we just for a second, remember just the past few months and the rush of too many albums to even keep up with? Where does one begin to start? Who even cares? Why spend so much time writing about music? Will anyone ever read this? It doesn't matter. I love this. I love music. I love writing and talking about music. I'm invested. I realize by now you can see some patterns here. I am slightly biased. This blog has been around long enough that I have used some artists more than once. I know this, and I assure you; I try to keep this thing as fresh and new as possible. I try not to reuse bands because this whole blog exists to point people to good music. New music. But, you know, it happens. Just let it be a testament, that if you see an artist on here more than once, you should probably (definitely) check them out. OK. DO YOU FEEL GOOD? I feel good. Let's do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment