Saturday, December 28, 2013

7. Jessy Lanza - Pull My Hair Back



Pull My Hair Back is the debut album from Canadian artist Jessy Lanza off Hyperdub records. When I first heard her first single, "Kathy Lee," I was immediately hooked, plus that vid was awesome. The music on here is done by Jeremy Greenspan of Junior Boys, and it's fantastic. I mean, if you are a JB fan you need to hear this. He gets into some really great pop and r&b grooves on here, leaving those signature JB attributes all over the place. Then there is Jessy Lanza herself. Everything about her screams sex: her lyrics, her hushed vocals, her breathy, "Huhs" and "Ohs," the title of her album, songs, etc. I blush when I think about it. There's not a dud on here, and I like it more and more as I listen to it. This is probably my favorite new artist of 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment